Thursday, April 17, 2014

Colorado Avalanche Road Trip

Several weeks ago my Dad and I went on a road trip to Denver to see the Colorado Avalanche play the Boston Bruins! I absolutely love doing this!  I have been watching hockey with my Dad for as long as I can remember!  I think I spent my entire adolescence in the basement with him cheering for the Edmonton Oilers.  I have been a fan of the Colorado Avalanche since the Quebec Nordiques moved to Denver in 1995 and I don't think I missed watching a game that entire inaugural season.  I was a huge fan of Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, and Patrick Roy.  Now I love cheering for Matt Duchene, Ryan O'Reilly, and Nathan MacKinnon.  The Pepsi Center is an incredible venue for hockey and I love being there, especially with my Dad!  There were lots of Boston Bruins fans at this particular game, including a rather rowdy group in front of us!  Despite the fact that the Avalanche lost to the Bruins 2-0, I thought they played a great game!  They had twice as many shots and there was a  dramatic play to stop a goal on an empty net during the last few seconds.  I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!

Note:  The Avalanche begin their quest for Lord Stanely's Cup tonight against the Minnesota Wild!  I am so excited that I actually get to cheer for my team in the post-season for the first time since 2010!  Go Avs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...