Sunday, May 11, 2014

Canadian Rockies

When I landed in Calgary on Canada Day in 2011, the customs official took one look at my passport and exclaimed, "Welcome home, young lady."  I immediately burst into tears.  It felt so good to be back in the country of my birth.  While this trip was a sort of homecoming for me, I had never actually been in western Canada before (I am from Ontario). What I saw was absolutely amazing!  Here are a few highlights.
Two Jack Lake in Banff National Park
Lake Minnewanka in Banff National Park
Moraine Lake in Banff National Park
Valley of the Ten Peaks surrounding Moraine Lake
Chateau Lake Louise
Lake Louise in Banff National Park  (quite possibly the most beautiful place on earth)
Emerald Lake in Yoho National Park
Natural Bridge
Crowfoot Glacier in Banff National Park
Peyto Lake in Banff National Park
Athabasca Glacier in Jasper National Park
This is how we got to the Athabasca Glacier.  It cost millions of dollars!
Athabasca Falls
White water rafting on the Athabasca River (Do I look terrified?)
Medicine Lake
Maligne Lake in Jasper National Park
Spirit Island in Maligne Lake
Maligne Falls
I took the Rocky Mountaineer from Jasper to Vancouver.  Total luxury for two days!
I took a ferry to Vancouver Island for a day trip to Victoria which is absolutely charming!
I visited Butchart Gardens, a series of gardens created in a former limestone quarry, while in Victoria.

In my opinion, Canada is absolutely beautiful and the scenery on this trip took my breath away on multiple occasions.  It was one of the best trips I have ever taken and I would love to return to Lake Louise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...