Sunday, May 18, 2014

London

I told my sister we could travel anywhere she wanted when she graduated from the University of Utah.  After she did that in May of 2010, she informed me that she wanted to go to London.  I was not very enthusiastic about her choice because I had already been to London three times and I wanted to go somewhere new.  But a promise is a promise and Marilyn and I ended up having such a great time!  Here are some highlights.
Big Ben
Houses of Parliament
London Eye
Buckingham Palace
Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
Royal Mews.  I loved the Glass Coach that Princess Diana rode to her wedding in and the Gold State Coach the Queen rode to her Coronation in.
Tower Bridge
Tower of London
Day trip to Stonehenge
Bath Cathedral on a day trip to Bath
The Roman Baths on a day trip to Bath
Windsor Castle
Changing of the Guard at Windsor Castle
St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle
Westminster Abbey
St. Paul's Cathedral
Kensington Palace
Kensington Palace Gardens
The Beatles at Madame Tussauds
We saw quite a few shows in the West End but Wicked was my favorite!
Lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe.  The London HRC was actually the first one I ever went to back in college.  Now I am kind of obsessed with them.  A great trip with wonderful memories with my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...