Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sundays by the Fire

I go to my parents' house nearly every Sunday night.  I have done this ever since I moved out on my own (this started when I lived in an apartment and my parents would let me bring my laundry to their house). My parents have a great back yard and, several years ago, they built a fire pit.  In my opinion, this was the best investment they ever made.  Once the weather gets warm, they build a fire just about every night and I get to enjoy them on Sundays. I can't tell you how much I love sitting by the fire with my family during the spring and summer.  We talk (and laugh) for hours and, when Sean and Tashena are around, we make s'mores.  My Mom has the fixings for s'mores on hand at all times!
We had a wonderful fire last Sunday and I look forward to many more this summer.
It is one of my favorite summer traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...