Monday, May 5, 2014

Tulip Festival 2014

On Saturday I attended the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point.  It is something I love and look forward to every year; a ritual of spring.  This year, however, I waited until the final day of the festival because of other commitments.  I should have known better.  It was really crowded and I am not a fan of big crowds.  It was worth it, though, because the flowers were gorgeous and the weather was spectacular!
There are over 500,000 tulips in the various gardens at Thanksgiving Point!  I think I took a picture of every one of them!
After I saw all of the tulips, I ended up at the waterfall.  It is my favorite place at Thanksgiving Point because it is so peaceful.  Even though the gardens were much too crowded to my comfort level, I ended up having a lovely time...that is until I wandered aimlessly for 20 minutes through the overflow parking lot looking for my car!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...