Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cascade Springs

Yesterday was a little bit overcast which, in my opinion, is perfect for hiking.  I live in an absolutely beautiful place and can literally get to any number of trailheads in the mountains within 30 minutes.  I decided to go to Cascade Springs and then drive the Alpine Loop from American Fork Canyon to Provo Canyon.  Cascade Springs is made up of a series of cascading waterfalls over travertine terraces.  You can hike the lower loop by the pools or you can hike the middle and upper loops to the source of the springs.  It was especially nice yesterday because it was cool and not very crowded.
After hiking around Cascade Springs, I drove the Alpine Loop.  It was beautiful and relaxing.
I love driving through the mountains (especially with the windows down while listening to Neil Young).  It was a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...