Sunday, June 15, 2014

Eastern Europe

Maybe it's because I read too many John LeCarre spy novels when I was a teenager, but I have always been fascinated by Eastern Europe.  It always seemed so mysterious to me!  In the summer of 2006 I had the opportunity to visit Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic and it was a very interesting trip.  Here are some highlights.
Parliament Building (modeled on the Houses of Parliament in London), Budapest, Hungary
Heroes Square, Budapest, Hungary
Fisherman's Bastion, Budapest, Hungary
Matthias Church, Budapest, Hungary
St. Stephen's Cathedral, Budapest, Hungary
Chain Bridge, Budapest, Hungary
Schonbrunn Palace (modeled on Versailles in France), Vienna, Austria
St. Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna, Austria
The Hofburg, Vienna, Austria
Belvedere Palace, Vienna, Austria
Hundertwasser House, Vienna, Austria
Mozart Memorial, Vienna, Austria
A random concert at City Hall, Vienna, Austria
Bratislava Castle, Bratislava, Slovakia
Old Town, Bratislava, Slovakia
Valtice Castle, Valtice, Czech Republic
Hradcany Castle, Prague, Czech Republic
St. Vitus' Cathedral, Prague, Czech Republic
Astronomical Clock, Prague, Czech Republic
Watching the World Cup in the Town Square, Prague, Czech Republic
Church of St. Nicholas, Prague, Czech Republic
Charles Bridge, Prague, Czech Republic

I absolutely fell in love with the city of Prague!  I could have spent days wandering the Mala Strana (Old Town).  I think this trip actually increased my fascination with Eastern Europe and I would like to visit Poland some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...