Sunday, June 8, 2014

Spain

In the summer of 2007 I had the opportunity to visit Spain with a friend.  This trip was full of beautiful beaches, stunning architecture, and wonderful food.  Here are some highlights.
Royal Palace, Madrid
Plaza Mayor, Madrid
Day trip to the medieval city of Toledo
Toledo (I loved the city wall and all of the winding alleys)
The Mesquita, Cordoba
Plaza de Espana, Seville
Seville Cathedral, Seville
The Alcazar, Seville
Costa del Sol, Marbella
The famous Rock of Gibraltar.  You can see the coast of Morocco from Gibraltar!
The Alhambra, Granada (the main reason I wanted to visit Spain)
Bull fight, Valencia (I wanted to see one because they feature so prominently in The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway but it was absolutely brutal)
Sagrada Familia, Barcelona (Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece)
Park Guell, Barcelona (designed by Gaudi)
Columbus Monument, Barcelona
La Rambla, Barcelona (a pedestrian street with lots of cafes and markets)
Of course I had to make a stop at the Hard Rock Cafe in Barcelona!  It's tradition!

I absolutely fell in love with all of the Moorish architecture in Spain.  I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I hope to be able to return someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...