Saturday, August 30, 2014

Back to School

School started last Monday and, while it was really busy, it was a good week!  I am teaching sophomores and seniors this year and I am beyond excited to teach British literature!  I really like all of my classes because I had a lot of my seniors two years ago when they were sophomores and they were a lot of fun.  I loved working with my SBOs over the summer and they hit the ground running this week.  They sponsored Week of Welcome (or WOW as we like to call it) with games at lunch, an assembly, and a football game.  The Welcome Assembly went so well!  The SBOs worked really hard on it and I am so proud of them!  Here are some pictures.
They choreographed a routine to introduce themselves to the studentbody and it was a hit (although I don't think I will ever get the song "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea out of my head).  Students and teachers were talking about it for the rest of the day!
The Madrigals singing the national anthem.
Blue Crew (the pep club at Hunter High)
Cheerleaders
Drill Team introducing the officers after their performance.
Playing crab soccer.
Hippity-hop ping pong drop.  The class officers cheated but the cross country team won!
Balloon Shaving.  The girls volleyball team won!
My favorite part of the assembly was when the football players did the haka.  I get chills every time I see it!
A little face painting by the SBOs and Class Officers at the football game.  Always a hit!  Even thought the Wolverines lost to the Davis Darts, we had a lot of fun at the game.
It's going to be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...