Thursday, October 23, 2014

Alpine Loop

Last week, when I had two days off, all I wanted to do was read and nap.  Now, when I have sophomore essays and Beowulf tests to grade, all I want to do is go to the mountains!  In this particular tug-of-war, the mountains won so yesterday I drove out of the city to American Fork Canyon for one of my very favorite fall drives.  I think it was a good decision!
This lovely drive along the Alpine Loop was just what I needed to recharge my batteries.  The sky was a perfect cerulean blue, the temperature was brisk, and the smell of decomposing leaves was nearly intoxicating.  Much of the foliage was gone but there was just enough to make me happy as I drove the switchbacks with the windows down listening to Eddie Vedder.  Is there anything better?  I love being in the mountains and I love living in Utah, where I can be in any number of mountains in less than 30 minutes whenever I have a bad day!  I need to do this more often!  Essays can wait a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...