Saturday, November 29, 2014

Decking The Halls

I really enjoy putting up my tree and decorating for Christmas.  I've been collecting ornaments for years so each one that goes on the tree has some special memory attached to it.  When I was growing up, my Mom started a Hallmark ornament collection for each of us and added a new one every year.  Mine are all hockey players.  Wayne Gretzky is the first ornament I put on the tree and Eric Lindros always goes in the back because I don't like him.  I also try to find an ornament when I travel every year.  My favorites are the hand carved wooden ornaments from Germany.  My new ornament for this year is a hand painted egg from Russia.  I always put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving because I like to enjoy having my house decorated for Christmas for as long as possible!  I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...