Monday, April 6, 2015

Disneyland

I spent two and a half days in Disneyland over spring break and I had so much fun.  Disneyland really is The Happiest Place on Earth because there is so much to do there!
Sleeping Beauty's Castle is all decked out in anticipation of Disneyland's 60th Anniversary.  It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be but it was still magical!
My friends Kjersti and Sarah on the teacups.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
Tower of Terror.  I am not a huge fan of going on rides but they got me on more of them than I thought I would go on.  My favorites are probably Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise (but don't tell my friend Kjersti).
There is so much entertainment in the park.  Above are the Dapper Dans performing and the jazz band Five & Dime.  We also saw the stage musical Aladdin performed at the Hyperion Theatre, which was absoutely magical, and we saw a concert featuring a cover band called Instant Replay, which was a lot of fun!  My friend Josh knows how to rock!
(My friend Josh, who teaches instrumental music at HHS, thought Mickey had great technique on the drums!)
I turned into a little child during Mickey's Soundsational Parade.  I was literally giggling and squealing with delight when I saw each character appear!  It was so magical!  My favorite was Mary Poppins!
California Adventure.  I really wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel but it closed down as we were about to get on!
A lot of my Disneyland goals (other than getting Mickey ears with my name on them which happened the first day) focused on food!  I had beignets in New Orleans Square and, of course, I got the world famous Dole Whip (amazing) at the Enchanted Tiki Room.  I had lunch at the Blue Bayou restaurant (the restaurant you see in the Pirates of the Caribbean) which was expensive but worth it.  I also spent some time in Downtown Disney which is an area adjacent to the park with lots of fabulous restaurants and stores.  It is a good option for lunch and dinner because it is sightly less expensive than the park and you can get there easily on the monorail.  My friends raved and raved about the Earl of Sandwich before the trip and they were right!  We ate there twice!
My very favorite thing at Disneyland was the World of Color!  It was seriously the coolest thing ever and the perfect way to end my time at Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...