Sunday, May 3, 2015

Running Jumping Throwing

Last Thursday I got to see Tashena compete at another track meet.  Once again, she was entered in five events: long jump, hurdles, shot put, 4 X 100m relay, and discus.  She did really well and I absolutely loved watching her!
In the long jump, Tashena's best distance was 15'4" which is a PR.  She was in the lead until a girl after her jumped 15'5".  She was really happy with her distance because her coach has been working with her on technique and she had a goal to break into 15' which she did!  I am so proud of her!
I finally got to see Tashena run the hurdles!  It is usually the very first event contested so I always miss it but I left school a little early so I could see her.  She placed third overall!
In the shot put, Tashena had to complete all three of her throws one after another because she had to head to the relay (very disorganized meet).  She still managed to throw 25'6".  The girl from Kaysville Jr. beat her again but Tashena was really rushed.  Maybe the next meet?
This is the first meet this year that Tashena ran the 4 X 100m relay (she ran it last year).  Her team ended up third overall.  I didn't get to see the discus because it was contested before the meet even started due to a baseball game.  Some of the girls had to go straight from the bus to the event and none of them got any practice throws (did I mention that this was a disorganized meet?).  Tashena still managed to throw 100' to easily take first place!

Note:  Tashena threw the discus 125' in practice on Friday (which is unofficial) because her coach purposely marked the distances wrong to see what she could do!  She is amazing!  I can't wait to see what she does in the District Qualifier next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...