Monday, July 27, 2015

Adventures in Fillmore

All last week my parents and my sister Marilyn were camping at one of my family's favorite camping spots: the KOA in Fillmore.  I joined them on Wednesday and stayed until yesterday.  It was an incredibly relaxing five days and I had such a wonderful time!  Over the years I have really grown to enjoy the RV lifestyle.  You meet people from all over the country and everyone stops to chat and debate the merits of various types of RVs.  Most people are very intrigued by Marilyn's little trailer.  We even gave a couple of people a tour of the inside (even though it was a bit messy with a week's worth of stuff strewn about).  I like the people we meet because they are friendly, adventurous, and have great stories (and most of them have dogs).
We all really like the KOA in Fillmore.  The facilities are fabulous and the people who run it are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.  They are on a first name basis with us (and our dogs).
We were in spots right next to each other.  My parents slept in the motor home and I stayed with Marilyn in her trailer.  It was almost like one giant slumber party because we would sometimes get laughing so hard we couldn't stop.  Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep at night (which meant that naps were required during the day).
It was so relaxing because we didn't have to wake up at any particular time and we didn't have to eat at any particular time.  There wasn't anything that we had to do.  In many ways, this has been a difficult summer and it felt so great to have some down time.  We all spent a lot of time outside reading.  I finished two books and started a third.  Marilyn even brought her sewing machine and finished a quilt.
One of our favorite things to do when it got dark was to set up the TV and have an outdoor movie complete with popcorn.  I am so glad that we got to spend this time together doing what we absolutely love: camping!

Past adventures in Fillmore here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...