Sunday, August 9, 2015

Brunch at Eva's Bakery

I always begin summer vacation with a list of new things I want to do, new places I want to see, and new restaurants I want to try and this year was no exception.  Now that school is about to start, I realize that I haven't accomplished anything on my list.  What have I been doing with all of my free time?  Yesterday I had to wake up early (on a Saturday!) and vacate my house for several hours for an inspection.  Eva's Bakery in downtown SLC has been on my list for quite a while so I decided to have brunch there so I can check at least one thing off!  I was in absolute heaven!  Eva's Bakery is a little slice of Paris right on Main Street.  Paris is my favorite city in the world and when I spent a semester abroad there, I loved to wander the streets and find an out-of-the-way cafe in which while away an afternoon.  When I walked into Eva's Bakery, the aroma and ambiance immediately transported me back to that time and place!  Why have I never been there before?
Eva's Bakery has a breakfast and lunch menu with many traditional French dishes.  I had the Stuffed French Toast with lemon cream cheese filling and blueberry compote ($8.00).  The lemon and blueberry flavors really complemented one another and it was cooked to a crispy perfection.  I loved every bite!  Next time, I want to try the lunch menu.  I love French onion soup and I haven't had a good Croque Madame since I was in Paris!  Eva's Bakery is located on 155 S. Main Street in SLC and is open for breakfast and lunch Monday - Saturday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm and for brunch on Sunday from  9:00 am to 3:00 pm.  All of the items on the menu are reasonably priced from $8.00 - $11.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...