Friday, December 4, 2015

Festival of Trees 2015

Yesterday I volunteered at the Festival of Trees for the seventh year in a row!  It is a wonderful opportunity to help raise money for Primary Children's Hospital.  Various individuals and groups decorate trees, often in honor or remembrance of a patient at Primary Children's Hospital, and donate them for auction.  After the auction, they are put on display for the general public at the South Towne Expo Center for several days.  I volunteer as a hostess and I am assigned to a particular area to answer questions about the trees and to keep them from being damaged.  Here are some of the trees in my area.
Most of my trees were in remembrance of premature babies who had died so, when people would ask me questions, I would tear up a little bit.
This "Angel Tree" really made me emotional because all of the ornaments were in honor of children who had died.  One mother asked to find her daughter's ornament for her and take a picture of it.  What an honor!
This "Superhero" tree was probably the most popular tree of the whole festival.  It was across the aisle from me and there was always a large crowd of people around it.  After my shift was over I walked around to look at all of the other trees.  Here are some of my favorites.
My very favorite tree was this "Travel" tree!
And, of course, there was the usual BYU/Utah rivalry tree!
The Festival of Trees runs until Saturday, Dec. 5 at the South Towne Expo Center.  Go here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...