Sunday, December 20, 2015

Temple Square 2015

Every year there are hundreds of thousands of visitors to Temple Square to see the lights.  I like to complain about this because the traffic downtown gets really crazy in December but, really, the lights are beautiful!
I decided to see the lights last night even though it was a Saturday night and I don't really enjoy crowds.  As predicted, it was very crowded but I actually didn't mind it so much.  All of the snow that we have had this week made the lights seem even more magical.
I had the best time I've ever had walking around Temple Square.  I didn't have an agenda and I didn't have any time constraints so I just wandered wherever I wanted to go.  It was a really stressful week at school, for various reasons, and I felt more peaceful than I've felt in a long time.  It was almost as if there weren't any people around me at all.
I ended up at the Assembly Hall for one of the many free concerts (go here for a schedule) there every evening, usually featuring community and high school choirs.  When I got there, a group had just started performing so I sat down and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I didn't even know what school was performing (I found out later that it was Rigby High School) but I love hearing Christmas music performed live so much.
It was a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...