Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Dinner at Bambara

I spend a lot of time in Downtown SLC, especially at Capitol Theatre.  Every once in a while I like to have a really nice dinner before I see a performance and Bambara, one of my favorite restaurants, is right across the street!  Dining at Bambara is a lovely experience because it is housed in the elegant lobby of a former bank with high arching windows, brass fixtures, and travertine tiles which really set the mood for a memorable evening.  I also really love the houndstooth upholstery!  The kitchen is in the center of the space allowing Executive Chef Nathan Powers to put his culinary skills on full display.  The cuisine is New American with a seasonal menu emphasizing an exotic twist on familiar dishes.  I tend to stick with vegetarian dishes, which can often be a bit boring, but at Bambara I am always surprised by unexpected flavor combinations.  I recently had dinner there and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
I started with Mixed Baby Greens with Beehive Smoked Cheddar, Cinnamon-Ancho Almonds, and Rosemary Cider Vinaigrette ($10.00).  
For the entree I had Black Kale and Asiago Ravioli with Butternut Squash, Cipollini Onion, Walnuts, Artichoke Heart Puree, and Fancy Balsamic ($25.00).
The dessert menu is also quite wonderful.  I had the Turtle Ice Cream Sandwich with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Pecan Crusted Dark Chocolate Cookie, Salted Caramel Drizzle, and Cocoa Nib Crackle ($8.00).  I must confess that I have this every time I come to Bambara!

The wait staff is extremely knowledgeable and friendly and I've never been led astray by any of their recommendations.  The hostesses frequently greet me by name which is always a nice touch.  The menu is a bit pricey but I think it is a lot of fun to get all dressed up and have a beautiful evening every once in a while.  Bambara is perfect for a pre-theatre dinner or for a special occasion (there is a special menu for Valentine's Day).  Bambara is located at 202 S. Main Street in Downtown SLC.  It is open for Breakfast: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 10:00 am, Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 8:00 am - 2:00 pm, Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, and Dinner: Every Night 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm.  Entrees vary from $25.00 - $43.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...