Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Weekend at the Cabin

Marilyn and I just returned from our annual weekend getaway to the KOA in Fillmore.  We have stayed in one of the cabins on opening weekend for the past four years and we look forward to it for weeks.  It is a sure sign that spring is on its way (although, ironically, it snowed during the drive home).
I absolutely love this KOA and a lot of my friends ask me why I like to stay in a place that is in the middle of nowhere (it is about 150 miles south of Salt Lake) but it is precisely because it is in the middle of nowhere that I like it!  There is nothing that I have to do and I can relax completely.
This was our cabin for the weekend.  Dave and Corinne (who own this KOA) upgraded us to a bigger cabin!  One of the reasons we love coming to this KOA is because Dave and Corinne are such wonderful people!  They waited up for us to check-in late Friday night and asked about our family!
We had such a great time doing absolutely nothing!  We spent some time sitting out on the porch reading but it was still pretty cold.  We ended up inside quite a bit and we watched movies, ate treats, and laughed!  I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time!
In the evening we sat around the fire talking and laughing for hours!  It is my very favorite part of camping!  I loved this little getaway and I was really sad to come home to my busy and, sometimes, stressful life.  I can't wait to come back in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...