Monday, June 20, 2016

Back to NYC!

With Esther in Times Square.
I had only been home from NYC for a few days when my friend Esther sent me a text.  She wanted to do a quick theatre trip to NYC and did I want to go with her?  She works for JetBlue and I could use one of her buddy passes so the flights would cost very little.  I thought about it for 30 seconds and said yes!  I am always up for an adventure and I am a firm believer that you should take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way.  Even though this was a quick trip, it was so much fun.  We took the red-eye in to JFK, wandered around Times Square with our bags trying to find a hotel and finally found one for an exorbitant price, visited Esther's friend and had our picture taken in a gigantic photo booth in the lobby of his building, saw She Loves Me and met Zachary Levi and Jane Krakowski, stayed up talking until 2:00 in the morning, saw Waitress and loved it, had burgers and cheesecake at both Junior's (twice) and Roxy's, missed our flight home because half the streets were closed (thanks President Obama), got on another flight and landed in Los Angeles at 3:00 in the morning, and took an uber from LA to Long Beach for a flight to SLC that was delayed for two hours for mechanical problems!  It was quite the adventure but the shows were so amazing that I would definitely do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...