Sunday, June 12, 2016

NYSM2

Yesterday I took my nephew Sean, who is an aspiring magician, to see Now You See Me 2.  I absolutely loved the first movie and I think this one is just as good!  The Four Horsemen, Daniel Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg), Merritt McKinney (Woody Harrelson), Jack Wilder (Dave Franco), and newcomer Lula May (Lizzy Caplan), resurface one year later when Walter Mabry (Daniel Radcliffe), a tech prodigy, threatens to expose them if they don't pull off one more thrilling heist for him. As you would expect there are many plot twists and many of the unanswered questions left from the first installment involving Dylan Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo), Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman), Arthur Tressler (Michael Caine) and the mysterious Eye are explained.  There are also many elaborate scenes involving magic and I especially enjoyed the sleight of hand as the Four Horsemen attempt to steal a computer chip from a high level security tech firm. Even with all of the plot twists and magic (for some of which you really need to suspend your disbelief), I really loved the hilarious interactions between the characters, especially in the scenes where Merritt and his evil twin brother Chase (also played by Woody Harrelson) try to hypnotize each other.  It is a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it.  If you are a fan of the first movie, I recommend this installment.

Note: I like Jesse Eisenberg is some roles better than others.  This is a great role for him (although I prefer his longer hair in the first movie).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...