Saturday, August 20, 2016

Friday Night Lights

A big crowd at Ed Mayne Stadium for Wolverine Football!
School started this week so I am back to my normal (read: insanely busy) schedule.  I am still suffering a little bit from jet lag so I didn't feel as prepared to start the school year as I normally do but the kids still showed up at my door any way!  The good news is that I seemed to muddle through just fine and I have enjoyed getting to know my students.  The officers, of course, have hit the ground running and I am very proud of all of their hard work.  We had our Welcome Assembly yesterday and I think it went really well, especially considering that we had three days to prepare!
The spirit can made an appearance at the assembly.
Now that school is in session, I will be spending many of my Friday nights at football games.  Last night was our first game of the season against the American Fork Cavemen.  The Wolverines seemed to struggle a little bit because many of our stars from last season graduated and players are settling into new roles.  At one point, American Fork was up 17-0 and then Hunter came alive scoring three unanswered touchdowns.  However, American Fork scored twice in the fourth quarter to win the game 31-21.
The spirit can made an appearance at the game, too!
Even though we lost this game, it was still a lot of fun!  The officers made banners and used the spirit can to keep the crowd cheering.  Being at the game makes for a really long day but it is so fun to see the students outside of the classroom and I had a group around me most of the time.  Now that football season is here I want it to be fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...