Sunday, September 4, 2016

A Big Win!

Sean was all smiles after his game against the Hunter Wolverines!
Yesterday Sean's team played the Hunter Wolverines and it was a great game!  He was really down after his game last week so his parents talked to him about being positive.  When he came off the field after his first play he had a big smile on his face and said that he thought he had done his best!  Sean, and the whole team, played so well and as the game went on they fed off of the energy and kept getting better and better!  It was so much fun to watch!  In the first half, the Braves scored two touchdowns and Sean had his first tackle (and his first personal foul!).  In the second half, they got an interception and eventually scored two more touchdowns to win the game 26-0.  Sean earned the nickname "Sean the Bomb" in this game and we love it!  As much fun as watching Sean was, I think my favorite moment was when the Bountiful coaches all got in trouble.  The referee (who was kind of a jerk) started yelling at one of the coaches and then dramatically threw a flag on the field after the fact.  The head coach had to have a conference with the ref and came back and told the other coaches to tone it down.  We thought it was so funny!  I also really enjoyed the community around the team.  All of parents and families are so friendly and have started talking to us.  When Sean got his big tackle, all of the parents around us cheered and congratulated us and when he made another big play the Mom sitting next to me asked me if I got a picture.  Now that the team has gelled a little bit, I am really looking forward to watching the Braves every week (even though I have to get up early on a Saturday!).  The whole family took the star out to breakfast to celebrate his win and he grinned from ear to ear the whole time!  Here are some pictures from the game.

Note:  It was a little hard for me not to cheer for the Wolverines, especially since I had spent Friday night cheering for the HHS Wolverines!  I had to make sure I wasn't wearing any Hunter apparel because I have so much of it! (I just ordered a Bountiful Braves shirt).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...