Saturday, September 17, 2016

Homecoming 2016

This week has been Homecoming at HHS and my officers and I have been so busy!  This morning we had our annual assembly and it went so well!  I was so proud of my officers!
It has become tradition to have the leads from the upcoming musical sing the national anthem at the Homecoming Assembly.  This year the performing arts department is producing Fiddler on the Roof and I will definitely be seeing this show because they sounded amazing!
Our student body president opened the assembly.
A performance by the cheerleaders.
The ever popular spirit can made an appearance!
A performance by the Drill Team, the HHS Silhouettes.
The most popular game was the Mummy Wrap!  The team from the Theatre Council won!
Performance by Dance Co.
Announcing the Homecoming Royalty.
Our beautiful Homecoming Queen and her King (she is a lovely girl and she was absolutely thrilled when we told her that she had won).
My favorite part of the Homecoming Assembly is always when the football team performs the haka.  I saw this performed in New Zealand but I think ours is pretty amazing!  After school the officers decorated for the dance and then hosted a carnival featuring all of the clubs and organizations.  There was a huge crowd in attendance!
Then we had the Homecoming game against one of our fiercest rivals and we had one of the biggest crowds I've ever seen!
Aside from all of the fun traditional festivities, it was a great game!  Hunter ended up winning 33-13!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...