Monday, October 10, 2016

Maroon 5 at the Vivint Arena

Many years ago I became obsessed, as I am wont to do, with a new song called "Harder to Breathe."  I didn't know who sang it but I turned the radio up every time it came on.  I would sing it at the top of my lungs and I got to be pretty good at spitting out the lyrics.  I remember talking about this song to all of my friends (and students) but no one really knew anything about it or the band Maroon 5.  Then the song, and band, exploded and I got to be the one to say, "I told you so!"  I actually went to a Matchbox Twenty concert just to see Maroon 5 open for them and I thought Adam Levine was a great showman.  He still is!  Saturday night I got to see the band for the first time as a headliner and the concert was so much fun.  Adam Levine is so handsome and he strutted across the runway through the crowd liked he owned the Vivint Arena!  They played "Harder to Breathe" early on in the evening, to my delight, and then just kept playing the hits one after the other:  "Moves Like Jagger," "This Love," "One More Night," "Misery," "Love Somebody," "Animals," "Lucky Strike," "Sunday Morning," "Makes Me Wonder," "Payphone," and a fabulous rendition of "Daylight" to end their set.  I really like it when a band plays all of their biggest singles.  They definitely had the crowd singing along with every word.  For the encore, the band set up on the "V" at the end of their runway for an acoustic performance of "She Will Be Loved" which was amazing!  Levine asked everyone to put their phones away so that we could all have a moment together which I thought was fabulous!  A girl in our section kept hers out to record and we all shamed her into putting it away!  Then they played a rousing rendition of "Sugar" and ended the evening with a great cover of "Let's Go Crazy" complete with purple lights!  It was a fabulous evening!

Note:  The guy sitting next to me mentioned that this was only the second concert he had ever been to so I told him that this was the second concert I had been to this week!

1 comment:

  1. we probably went to the same Matchbox Twenty concert! I remember Maroon 5 opening for them and they were nothing at that point. Lindsay bought their CD and they just exploded after that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...