Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along

Since we had so much fun at the Moana Sing-Along, Marilyn and I decided to take our Mom to see the Beauty and the Beast version (because she loves this movie so much).  While Moana definitely had better songs (Lin-Manuel Miranda!), this was just as much fun.  In fact, I think I liked the movie even more!  I definitely liked the new songs a lot more than I did the first time around.  The sing-along version is the original full-length feature but the lyrics of the songs appear at the bottom of the screen with a bouncing icon to tell you when to sing each word.  I loved that each song had a different icon.  "Gaston" featured a beer stein, "Beauty and the Beast" had a rose, and "Kill the Beast" had a flame to name just a few.  It was a lot of fun!   I really enjoyed singing along with "Belle," "Gaston," and "Be Our Guest" because those were the songs I knew the best.  My Mom was belting out the words to every single song and she even included dramatic gestures in "Evermore."  It was worth the price of admission just to see my Mom's reaction to every scene!  She giggled out loud every time LeFou was on the screen and she sighed when Belle was revealed in her yellow dress (she has seen it three times and she is still so enchanted).  As we walked out of the theater she wished that she could see it every day.  I'm so glad that I was able to see this with her and my sister.  I moved closer to my family to be able to participate in spontaneous activities with them but lately I have been so busy at school.  No more!  Last night was just too much fun!  This movie is not without flaws but I recommend it for its sheer entertainment value, especially the sing-along version which can be found in select theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...