Monday, May 29, 2017

Two Tries!

Once again Marilyn, my Mom, and I went to see Sean play rugby last Saturday and this time we actually got to see him play!  Just so you know rugby is incomprehensible (although I understand it better after watching a few games) and Sean is very good at it!  Bountiful played Copper Hills, West Lake, and Taylorsville and they won the game against West Lake!  Sean and two other kids on the team are over the height and weight limits for his age group so, unless the team they play is physically matched with them, they cannot tackle but can only touch the other players.  I think this is a little bit frustrating for Sean because, when he had the opportunity to tackle against West Lake because they were similar in size, he let loose.  At first he was a bit timid but then he started knocking kids to the ground!  He was always involved in the action and he was able to run the ball the entire length of the field for a try two different times!  It was so fun to watch and the three of us just about lost our minds cheering for him!  By the way, a try is a point in rugby which I think is dumb because he didn't just try to score, he actually scored!  One of the things I really like about rugby is at the end of the game all of the players link arms and bow to the crowd!  That is cool!  Here are some pictures of Sean in action!
This is the scrum.  It is used to determine who gets the ball (kind of like a jump ball in basketball).  Sean is always in the middle of the scrum!
Sean had this amazing tackle right in front of me so I was able to capture it!
The teams bowing to the crowd at the end of the game!
He was all smailes after his big win!
I sure do love watching him play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...