Tuesday, June 20, 2017

24 Hours in San Francisco

Last week I took a really quick trip to San Francisco to see the opera La Boheme and it was so much fun.  I had a JetBlue credit that was going to expire and I decided on San Francisco because I've always wanted to see a production of the San Francisco Opera, which is considered to be one of the top opera companies in the world.  Even though I only had literally 24 hours hours in the city, I got to see a bit.  When I have a short time in a city I've never been to before, I like to take a hop on/hop off bus to see as much of the city as I can.
I got on the bus at Alamo Square and had a great view of the Painted Ladies, the beautiful Victorian houses that line the street.
Haight Ashbury.  This year is the 50th Anniversary of the Summer of Love!
The iconic Golden Gate Bridge.  Everyone kept telling me that this was the perfect time to visit San Francisco because it was so clear.  Usually the city is shrouded in fog and it is rare to get such a good view of the bridge.
Views of the bridge as we drove across it.
Chinatown.
Coit Tower in the background.
Fisherman's Wharf was a great place to get off the bus and wander around.
The Hard Rock Cafe at Pier 39.  I started the tradition of collecting a pin from the Hard Rock Cafe in any city that I visit.  I have hundreds of them.
The Transamerica Pyramid.
Union Square.
City Hall.  Thursday night it was lit up in blue and yellow to celebrate the Golden State Warriors winning the NBA Championship.
My hotel was in the Civic Center near the opera house.  There were lots of great places to eat there and then I attended a magnificent performance of La Boheme (more about that).  I left San Francisco the next morning and, even though it was a quick trip, I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...