Monday, August 21, 2017

Farewell to Summer

This weekend my family took the motor home to the KOA in Fillmore and I had such a fun and relaxing time.   For me this camping trip was a sort of farewell to summer because, even though the calendar says there are a few more weeks of summer left, school starts today which means that my break is over.  I have had the best summer!  I didn't go on an overseas trip this year but I did have a quick trip to San Francisco, a few fun road trips, a bunch of camping trips, some wonderful outdoor concerts and performances, lots and lots of movies (with some great new friends who like movies as much as I do), and countless McDonald's ice cream cones (seriously, I am addicted to them and, on multiple occasions, I went out on midnight runs just to get one).  Usually, I am really sad for summer to end but I am actually looking forward to the start of the school year and to the fall which is my favorite season.  I feel like I can really enjoy the fall because this year I don't have to worry about student government responsibilities.  I have a few more outdoor concerts coming up and two road trips that I am so excited about (and the possibility of a third) plus the new symphony and theatre seasons will be starting soon and I am looking forward to many productions.  Bring on the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...