Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Tangled

AMC Theatres are sponsoring a film festival entitled Dream Big, Princesses which include screenings of the following Disney (and Pixar) classics:  Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, TangledThe Princess and the Frog, and Brave.  (Go here for more information).  I am rather late to the party because I've been so busy and missed Beauty and the Beast and Mulan but I made sure to make time to see Tangled last night because I absolutely love it.  It is one of my very favorite Disney animated movies (along with The Lion King and Moana).  It was so much fun for me to see it again on the big screen and I think I liked it even more than I did the first time I saw it!  Tangled tells the story of Rapunzel (Mandy Moore) and how she leaves her tower to discover her true identity with the help of Flynn Rider (Zachary Levi).  Both Rapunzel and Flynn are fantastic characters, Mother Gothel (Donna Murphy) is one of the best Disney villains ever, and Pascal just makes me smile!  I love all of the songs, especially "I See the Light."  It is visually stunning and I get goosebumps during the lantern scene every time.  I love practically everything about this movie and I loved having a chance to see it again on the big screen (I watch it all of the time at home because it makes me so happy but it isn't the same).  I highly recommend revisiting Tangled which will be screened at AMC Theatres until Oct. 5.

Note:  I have so many fun memories of seeing Tangled for the first time in the theater.  We were staying in St. George in the motor home over Thanksgiving break.  My sister, a family friend, and I decided to see it Thanksgiving night and the tiny theater in St. George couldn't handle the massive crowd.  It was kill or be killed to get a seat and someone spilled their drink on my sister trying to climb over us but we had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...