Saturday, November 25, 2017

Christmas Traditions

Even though I live alone I have a lot of holiday traditions.  I always like to put my Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving because I like to celebrate the season for as long as I can.  I have a tradition of watching It's a Wonderful Life while I put it up (I've done this ever since I moved out on my own).  Putting up my tree is a lot of fun because all of my ornaments have special memories.  My Mom gave me all of the Hallmark limited edition hockey player ornaments (Wayne Gretzky is always the first ornament on the tree and Eric Lindros always goes on the back of the tree).  I also have lots of ornaments from around the world purchased on my trips (my favorites are some hand carved ones from Germany).  All through December I love spending the evening with only the light of the Christmas tree while watching my favorite Christmas movies.  I always add a movie to my collection every year.  This time of year I especially love listening to Christmas music performed live.  On Temple Square just about every high school choir from Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming performs at the Assembly Hall every night and these concerts are free.  I sometimes find myself listening for hours (go here for a schedule).  I also started the tradition of seeing the Lower Lights perform a couple of years ago and I am excited to see them again (go here for tickets).  There are also two performances that I always try to see.  It just wouldn't be Christmas without HCT's production of A Christmas Carol (go here for tickets) or Ballet West's production of The Nutcracker (go here for tickets).  Finally, I have a few traditions with my niece and nephew such as making gingerbread houses and opening Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve.
I am so happy that the Christmas season is upon us and I am really looking forward to all of my traditions.  Do you have any fun Christmas traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...