Friday, December 1, 2017

Festival of Trees 2017

Last night I volunteered at the Festival of Trees for the ninth year in a row!  This is such a worthwhile cause and I am happy to be able to help each year as a hostess.  Hundreds of trees are decorated by individuals and donated for auction.  They are then put on display for the public to view and all proceeds go directly to Primary Children's Hospital.  After my shift I like to wander around and look at all of the trees displayed (and get a sweet roll).  Here are some of my favorite trees.
This was probably my favorite tree!
The sports junkie in me loved this one!
This is another favorite.  I love the birdbath!
This is for my Mom who is an Aggie!
This was a popular tree in my area because every little kid wanted to sit in the chair (I don't blame them).
This was the most popular tree in my area.  It is in honor of a little boy named Carson who loved going camping.  One lady started crying when I told her the story.
This year I was able to see the gingerbread houses and the Death Star was my favorite.  Obviously!  The Festival of Trees will run until Saturday at the South Towne Expo Center.  Go here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...