Wednesday, December 6, 2017

I Heart Christmas Music!

One of my favorite things about the holiday season is having the opportunity to hear Christmas music performed live.  I don't think of myself as a religious person but there is something about Christmas music that gets me every time!  I had the opportunity to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform Christmas music last Sunday morning and it was glorious.  Every Sunday the choir gives a concert for the Music and the Spoken Word broadcast (which, incidentally, is the longest continuing broadcast in the world) and in December this broadcast features Christmas music.  It is held in the LDS Conference Center (which is quite the building) and it is free to the public.  It was a wonderful concert featuring "O Come, All Ye Faithful," "Dance and Sing," "Infant Holy, Infant Lowly," "And The Glory of the Lord" from Messiah by Handel, "Noe! Noe!," "The First Noel," and "Carol to the King."  I can' think of a better way to listen to Christmas music than to hear it performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  I loved it so much that I have decided to go back every Sunday in December!  Go here for more information about upcoming broadcasts.

Note:  I have a friend who sings in the choir and it was fun for me to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...