Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Sunday Ritual

Every Sunday in December I have been getting up early in the morning to attend the Music and the Spoken Word broadcasts.  It has been so lovely to walk through an almost silent city in the cold brisk air to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing Christmas music.  I have been loving it so much!  Last Sunday was such a treat because the broadcast featured a portion of the Christmas concert and both Sutton Foster and Hugh Bonneville were there!  My friend in the choir mentioned that some of the songs from the concert would be repeated but I didn't know that the guests would be there as well.  I was thrilled!  Sutton Foster sang "Christmas Time is Here" and "Angels From the Realm of Glory" and Hugh Bonneville read the Christmas story from the Bible.  The choir performed "Joy to the World," with the Gabriel Trumpet Ensemble, "Unfold, Ye Portals," which was absolutely thrilling once again, and "Silent Night."  After the broadcast the choir sang "God Be With You 'Till We Meet Again" to Foster and Bonneville and that was just incredible.  There is one more special Christmas broadcast on Christmas Eve and I am so looking forward to it!  Honestly, I will be a little sad when Christmas is over because this has been wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...