Monday, June 4, 2018

Colorado Rockies Road Trip

My dear friend Tony took me to my first Colorado Rockies game (he also took me to my first Denver Broncos game and I took him to his first Colorado Avalanche game) and since then I always try to catch a game whenever I am in Denver during the season but it has been a while.  I've been missing Tony lately (he died of colon cancer several years ago) so I decided that it would be fun to go on a road trip to see a few games this summer.  Over the weekend I saw two games in the homestand against the Los Angeles Dodgers and, even though the Rockies lost both games, they were really exciting.  The first game on Friday night was a lot of fun because there were so many runs (the final score was 11-8) and I got to see my favorite player, Nolan Arenado, get a home run!  The game on Saturday was also fun, until the seventh inning when the Dodgers got eight runs (the final score was 12-4)!  I really love the atmosphere at Coors Field and it was a lot of fun to be in Denver for the weekend!

Note:  Sometimes thinking about Tony makes me sad but being in Denver brought back so many happy memories of all the Broncos, Rockies, and Avalanche games and concerts we went to.  I am lucky to have had such a great friend in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...