Saturday, September 8, 2018

Maroon 5 at the Vivint Arena

When I learned that Maroon 5 would be returning to SLC this fall, I had a stern talk with myself and decided that I probably didn’t need to see them again.  However, as the date of the concert approached, I felt really sad that I wouldn’t be there.  I love Maroon 5 and they always put on such a great show so, in a fit of madness, I got a ticket!  Best decision ever!  Aside from some parking issues downtown, it was a fantastic night.  Their 90 minute set included some songs from their latest album, Red Pill Blues, including "What Lovers Do," "Cold," "Don't Wanna Know," and "Wait."  They also performed a fun cover of Michael Jackson's "Rock With You" complete with a gigantic disco ball.  But most of the night was devoted to the hits and they played them one after the other to the delight of the crowd.  These included "Payphone," "This Love," "Misery," "Sunday Morning," "Animals," "One More Night," "Love Somebody," and "Moves Like Jagger."  My favorite moment came midway through the show when they played "Harder to Breathe."  I became a huge fan of Maroon 5 the very first time I heard this song on the radio so hearing it live is always amazing!  For the encore they played "Girls Like You," from the new album, with a cool intro and outro of "Forever Young" by Alphaville.  Then they played acoustic versions of "Lost Stars" and "She Will Be Loved" which were incredible!  They ended the show with a rousing rendition of "Sugar."  I always love Maroon 5 concerts because Adam Levine is such a showman!  With a guitar strung on his back and frequently dragging a microphone stand, he would strut along the V-shaped runway into the audience like he owned the Vivint Arena!  It was an incredibly high energy performance and I was very impressed with how great he sounds live!  I loved this concert and I am so glad that I caved in and bought a ticket!

Note:  The best part is that I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn for school the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...