Monday, September 10, 2018

The Sound of Music

I had the opportunity to see The Sound of Music on the big screen several years ago with the Megaplex Silver Screen Classics series and it was absolutely magical.  When I found out that it would be screened through the TCM Big Screen series I just had to see it again!  I simply couldn't resist the chance to see such an iconic musical on the big screen one more time.  Oh, how I love this movie!  I love every single thing about it and I waited with great anticipation for every one of those wonderful Rogers and Hammerstein songs:  "The Sound of Music," "Maria," "I Have Confidence," "Sixteen Going on Seventeen," "My Favorite Things," "Do-Re-Mi," The Lonely Goatherd," "Edelweiss," "So Long, Farewell," "Climb Ev'ry Mountain," and "Something Good."  Every single song is so instantly recognizable and I really had to try not to sing aloud (some people at my screening actually did sing along!).  I love the "Do-Re-Mi" scenes and the wedding scene because they remind me of a trip I took to Salzburg (I actually sang "Do-Re-Mi" when I visited the Mirabell gardens) but my very favorite scene is when Maria and Captain von Trapp dance the Landler because it is so romantic!  I think Christopher Plummer is so handsome in that scene.  I have seen this movie countless times (it was shown on network television last December) but there is something so special about seeing these old favorites on the big screen!  I had a smile on my face the whole time and I'm so glad I took advantage of seeing it again!  If you love his movie as much as I do, you have another opportuity to see it on Wednesday (go here for information and tickets).

Note:  I love this movie so much that it was disconcerting for me to see the Broadway touring company production because it is so different!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...