Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Ralph Breaks the Internet

As I usually do, I spent a good portion of winter break in darkened theaters watching movies.  Now that winter break is over I will review all of the movies I saw over the next few days.  After we decorated gingerbread houses with Sean and Tashena we all spontaneously decided to see a late movie.  Tashena really wanted to see Ralph Breaks the Internet, a movie I wasn't really planning on seeing, so that is what we picked and it was so much fun.  Wreck-It-Ralph (John C Reilly) and Vanellope von Schweetz (Sarah Silverman) are still best friends at Litwak's Family Fun Center and Arcade but Vanellope is getting bored with the predictability of her game, Sugar Rush.  Ralph decides to create a new track in Sugar Rush to keep Vanellope happy but she overrides her player to test it out resulting in a broken steering wheel.  Since Sugar Rush is no longer made, the only way to get a replacement steering wheel is on eBay.  Mr. Litwak thinks it is too expensive and turns the game off.  Ralph and Vanellope decide to get the part they need themselves by entering the internet through a wifi router.  While looking for eBay, they have a series of adventures which teach them the true meaning of friendship.  What I liked most about this movie is how clever it is at portraying the internet.  I especially liked the characters of Yesss (Taraji P. Henson), the personification of the algorithm that determines trending videos, and J.P. Spamley (Bill Hader), the personification of clickbait pop-up ads.  I also loved the cameos by popular Youtube personalities, especially my favorite Flula Borg.  Sean loved all of the pop culture references, especially Fortnite.  Tashena loved the Disney Princesses and the hilarious shirts they wear when they are just chilling with Vanellope (I loved Moana's shirt).  This movie is a lot of fun but it also has a clever story filled with heart and dazzling visuals so, if you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...