Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Double Feature at the Drive-In

Sean and I have a summer tradition of going to the drive-in movie.  This year we had Marilyn come with us and we borrowed my Dad's truck on Saturday night.  We piled sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows in the back and we got pizza, drinks, treats, and a big bag of popcorn.  It was so much fun!  We let Sean choose the movies and he picked Mission: Impossible - Fallout and The Darkest Minds.  I really enjoyed seeing Mission: Impossible again and my favorite part was watching Sean because it was his first time seeing it.  When Erica Sloane (Angela Bassett) first appeared on the screen he yelled out, "It's the Mom from Black Panther!"  When Ilsa Faust (Rebecca Ferguson) came on screen he was even more excited and yelled, "Look!  It's the opera singer from The Greatest Showman!"  By the time the second feature started Marilyn and I were really tired and we tried to convince Sean go home but he really wanted to see The Darkest Minds!  We took one for the team and stayed but I think Marilyn fell asleep at one point!  Sean loved this movie (my review is coming soon) and kept up a running commentary through the whole thing explaining what was going on.  I think I enjoyed people watching just as much as I did watching the movies.  There were some really, shall we say, interesting people around us!

Note:  Sean loved The Darkest Minds so much that he asked me if I could get him the books.  This pretty much made my English teacher heart explode so we went to Barnes & Noble yesterday.  Sean was disappointed that the second book wasn't there so I told him I would order it from Amazon as soon as he finished reading the first one.  As I dropped him off, he told me that I should probably order it soon because he was a fast reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...