Friday, May 24, 2019

Summer Reading 2019

Today the 2018-2019 school year is officially complete and I couldn't be happier because, among other things, I now have uninterrupted time for reading.  For the fourth year in a row I am presenting my summer reading list and inviting you to read along with me.  This year I picked mysteries and thrillers from this list including The Outsider by Stephen King, The Woman in the Window by A.J.Finn, The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager, The Broken Girls by Simone St. James, Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris, Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman, Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney, The Witch Elm by Tana French, The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware, and Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell.  I am really excited to get started and I am particularly looking forward to The Outsider because Stephen King has always been one of my favorite authors, The Woman in the Window because it was highly recommended to me by one of my colleagues, and The Death of Mrs. Westaway because I quite enjoyed Ware's novel In A Dark, Dark Wood (which was on my summer reading list several years ago).  As usual I will review each of the selections here every Friday and I hope you will join me and let me know what you think in the comments.  Yay for summer reading!

Note:  If you are interested, here are my past lists: 2018, 2017, and 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...