Saturday, June 22, 2019

Third Eye Blind at USANA

There was a time when Third Eye Blind was my favorite band and I listened to their music almost nonstop.  In the mid-1990s I was a little bit wild and a whole lot messed up. I considered Stephan Jenkins to be my own personal poet laureate and the song "God of Wine" to be my anthem.  Third Eye Blind has been to SLC several times but, for one reason or another, I never got to see them live until last night.  It was not the best concert I have ever been to but I had so much fun singing along to every song (I still remembered every single word).  They played a few songs from a forthcoming album that will be released later this summer but they mostly played all of the hits such as "Never Let You Go," "London," "Graduate," "Wounded," "I Want You," "Slow Motion," "Motorcycle Drive By," "Jumper," and "Crystal Baller."  They ended their set with my favorite Third Eye Blind song, "How's It Going To Be," which got the entire audience singing along.  It was definitely a highlight!  For the encore they played "Losing a Whole Year," the crowd favorite "Semi-Charmed Life," and "God of Wine" which, to me, was the perfect way to end the concert.  I love attending outdoor performances in the summer and last night the weather was absolutely perfect for a concert.  It made me so happy to be sitting under the stars listening to all of these songs from my past.  I felt twenty years younger (without the angst!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...